Water Softener is an Ion Exchanger
Hard Water with a high calcium/magnesium content enters the softener through the "in" port indicated by the green arrow. It passes through the control valve and in to the tank where it goes from top to bottom through a specially prepared resin that "softens" it, the resin consists of specially manufactured beads that have been saturated with sodium ions. Softening occurs as the hardness minerals in the water attach themselves to the resin and are "exchanged" for sodium. The softened water then enters the long center tube called a riser, via the strainer basket at the bottom of the tank and passes upward through the riser. Then water exits the softener via the control valve (Blue Arrow) and is sent to the desired location.
When the resin becomes saturated by hardness minerals, the softener automatically goes into re-generation. The re-generation process is initiated by a time or a meter depending on the type of softener. By this process the hardness minerals are washed down the drain and resin bed is rinsed, re-settled and re-charged with sodium, it is now ready again to soften your water. The re-generation process is accomplished by passing very salty water from the brine tank through the resin. The brine tank must remain filled with softener salt at all times so that it can re-generate the softening resin.
The AQT-56 valve is one of the most reliable and competitive residential valves in the world. With its modern design and top quality materials, the AQT-56 has a continuous flow rate up to 20 gpm and can be used on any filter system with up to 10” diameter tanks and any softener system with up to 14” diameter tanks. The AQT-56 offers DLFC and BLFC options allowing the system designer a variety of options to best fit his/her needs. Timer, meter mechanical and electronic controllers are available for all your configurations.
- Simple easy to use design
- Injector and drain modules, flow controls, and brine modules are removable from the valve's exterior
- Durable timer is designed with heavy-duty wide plastic gears
- AQT-56 controls are user-friendly and easy to program
- Non-corrosive, UV-resistant, Noryl valve body
- Choice of 7 or 12 day clock or demand regeneration with a mechanical meter
- Low annual power consumption; keeps the time and activates the valve mechanics with a single motor
- What is included:
- 1 FRP Mineral Tank 1054 ( Varies)
- 1 Brine Tank
- 1 AQT56SM Meter Softener Control Valve
- 1 1.5cu Ft CT100E High Performance Ion Exchange Media
- Super Great Limited Time Offer.
Titan Water Pro is "Your Clean Water Solutions"
Titan Water Pro
26845 Oak Ave - Ste 2
Canyon Country CA 91351
661 388 2004